All vehicles parked at the Regatta must display one of the following in windshield: a proper National Park pass, a Golden Age Passport, or $5 day use pass. (Use fees may be paid at the Visitor Center at the lake entrance or at payment centers located near launch ramps and throughout the recreation area.)
RV camping is available at Brandy Creek and at Oak Bottom RV camp sites. During the Regatta only, May 23 - May 25, 2014, limited RV camping will be available in the south end of the Brandy Creek Marina parking lot. The fee will be $14 per night. Tent camping is not permitted in the parking lot.
Oak Bottom RV camp site has 22 sites at a cost of $18 per night. Reservations for Oak Bottom can be made by calling (530) 359-2269. The Brandy Creek RV camp site has 37 sites at a cost of $14 per night. This site is run by the NPS and is available on a first come-first served basis.
Tent camping may be available at the Oak Bottom Tent Campground. For reservations, call (530) 359-2269. There are 98 sites at this location at a cost of $20 per night, or $22 per night for a shoreline site.
Note: quiet times in all regatta locations must be observed between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
1. Never feed bears or leave food unattended even for a few minutes.
2. Always use bear-proof food storage lockers and bear-proof trash containers.
3. If bear-proof food storage lockers are not provided, store food odor-free containers and out of sight in a vehicle, preferably the trunk. Store food carefully as bears can break into vehicles.
4. If a bear approaches, stand up, wave your arms, and shout or make loud noises.
5. Be bold but use good judgment. If you feel threatened, walk away, don’t run.
Report all bear sightings to a park ranger or headquarters at (530) 242-3400.